About Gynecology Specialists
A gynecologist, also called a GYN or an OB/GYN, specializes in health issues for women of all ages. Women in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s should visit the gynecologist every year for check-ups of the reproductive system and breasts. Appointments for older women continue to focus on health of the reproductive system and breasts, and also bone health. For some women, their gynecologist is their main doctor whom they visit every year.
Doral gynecology specialists build a long relationship with you over many years and understand your body’s health. They get to know you in order to take good care of you. Your gynecologist understands your medical history, especially regarding health and sexual issues pertaining to women.
Make your appointment today with a Doral gynecologist to get the care you need from the best gynecologists in Brooklyn, NY.
WE ACCEPT MEDICAID, MEDICARE, HMOS AND MOST OTHER INSURANCES.
Doral’s gynecologists keep up to date on treating women of all ages by understanding their special needs, learning about the types of diseases that affect women, following medical research and being aware of ways to keep women as healthy as possible. They also know when to refer you to a specialist in a area.
Gynecology specialists diagnose and treat these conditions (and others):
- Amenorrhea (periods stopping)
- Birth control
- Female hormone problems
- Intercourse pain
- Menstruation (periods) problems and pain
- Ovarian cyst
- Ovarian growths
- Pain in the pelvis
- Pelvic inflammation and infections
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Urinary tract problems and infections
- Uterine (uterus) fibroids
- Uterine (uterus) prolapse (drop)
- Vagina problems and infections
What to expect when you see a gynecology doctor:
Your gynecologist may be the main doctor in charge of your medical care. (Unless your insurance company requires a family medicine or internal medicine doctor to oversee your care.) This type of doctor handles many of a woman’s medical and health needs and sees female patients once a year for a gynecology check-up. When your medical care requires a specialist, your gynecologist will help diagnose your illness and then refer you to the type of specialist who can take care of your particular problem. Here are a few examples:
- Cardiologist for heart problems
- Gastroenterologist for stomach and intestinal problems
- Internal medicine specialist for general medical problems
- Podiatrist for foot or ankle problems
- Nutritionist for advice regarding food and diet
- Radiologist for mammograms, images of the reproductive system
- Pain management
A Full Range of Services
Through a comprehensive approach towards wellness care, Doral Health & Wellness provides some of the highest quality healthcare for the elderly.
- Birth control
- Bone density test
- Breast biopsy
- Breast exam for abnormalities
- Dilation and curettage (D&C) for endometriosis or heavy vaginal bleeding
- Menopause medications
- Pap smear
- Pelvic examination
- Pelvic infection (vagina, urinary tract, STD) diagnosis and treatment
- Pregnancy test
- Preventive services
- Tubal ligation (birth control surgery)
- Urinary tract exam
- Uterine biopsy
Your doctor’s qualifications:
A gynecology specialist has the following education and credentials:
- Medical school, followed by several years of training in gynecology and obstetrics under experienced doctors
- Qualifications for a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Optional board certification in gynecology and obstetrics
Doral Health & Wellness cares about you
At Doral Health & Wellness, we are proud of our commitment to the Brownsville and East New York Community to provide integrated, interdisciplinary health services in a progressive medical facility dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with insurance companies, managed care organizations and hospitals in the area in order to treat our patients with the highest level of care and respect.